There’s a multitude of partnerships between the so called “Bundesländer” in Germany and Chinese provinces. In the following section, some of these partnerships are breifly introduced.
- Bavaria and Shandong: Bavaria is the most important German trading partner for China with about 19% of the German-Chinese trading volume. An internet forum has been set up to support exchange and international trade between Bavaria and Shangdong: http://www.chinaforumbayern.de/chinaforum-bayern-ev/
- Baden-Wuertemberg and Jiangsu: The most important trading goods between the two provinces are machinery and vehicle components. But also electro mobility plays an important role in this relationship.
- Sachsen and Hubei: Their cooperation is especially strong in the field of environmental protection and water management.
- Thüringen and Shaanxi: They have a special cooperation: Environement sensor technology (air quality sensors). The trading volume increased in recent years.
- Hessen (Frankfurt) and Shanghai: They have a special relationship in the financial sector. Beyond this the relationship is more on the cultural and social level.
- Brandenburg and Hebei: The economic cooperation is focused on new energies (including construction of a hybrid power plant in Hebei) as well as on systems engineering, energy efficiency, environmental protection, information and communication engineering, media, agricultural engineering and bio technology.
Sources and the full report is available on demand (mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org)